Thursday, September 22, 2011

Simple Life Longing


Last year we sold our home in the city and decided we would rent near our workplaces so it would help us on the road to a simpler frugal life. I lost my job a year and a half ago and have been re-evaluating what really makes me happy. Do I work for the man at a desk job? Or do I follow my dreams of owning my own business and following my bliss in vintage and creativity? It's a no brainer....huh? Following your bliss takes sacrifice. I started living a simpler life with less anyway around ten years ago after I got divorced. I've been happier because of it. Less to take care of, less time spent having the "wants," less to move, less that just sits around and collects dust. In our society we are ravaged with consumerism. It's what is the newest neatest thing to buy or have. We are constantly bombarded with it on TV, in magazine adds, on the radio and everywhere we look. But for me I'm done with that. It is so much nicer to find a place of content and learn to live on less, have less and be happy.
Last year we bought a 36 foot used motor home. We traded in our travel trailer that we loved to get something we could drive rather than pull. Our goal all along was to eventually live in our motor home full time, travel and live a simpler life. The dilemma is the price of gas! Yee gads! The gas tank in our motor home holds 100 gallons so you do the math...a couple of hundred bucks to fill up!

This leads to the heart and head thing. My head tells me you want to be frugal live a simpler life not have so much stuff so get rid of the motor home. My heart tells me, but you want to be a full time RV'er in two years and this was your plan.
Life is full of pulls and tugs. Decision making is hard but insanity is doing things the same way and expecting different results. It won't change it will just stay the same. So give me a simple life full of love, sunshine, vintage, creativity, trees, poems, herbs, cats, zen, kisses, tea, books, music, singing, toe tapping, dancing, swaying, pressed up against one and help me be content with LESS.  These are my thoughts sent out to you oh dear ones.

Do you long to live the simple life? How have you cut back in your life? What REALLY makes you happy?

I find as I get older it is the simplest things that make me really happy.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post Kelly! In my quest for the simpler life I'm trying to tap into my creative side. And when I do that it's always something quite simple, yet so enriching to me. Your writing is wonderfully rich in emotion, you have a gift! Thanks for enriching my life with your words. =) Oh and I LOVE your favorite song. New favorite for me!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy for your kind words. I've been discouraged by having no comments here thinking no one was reading my post anymore. So you have given me HOPE!
    Peace and blessings to you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete