Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Sisterhood of Vintage

The Sisterhood of Vintage


 I've had my Etsy shop, Zenful Goods up and running for about six months now. It took awhile before I got my first sale. I researched, and I read of ways to do it "right." I still spends lots of time reading and researching on ways to improve my shop, get my name out there and make sales. 

One of the smartest things I have done is to join several  Etsy Teams. Let's face it, when you first start your shop up it's hard to figure everything out. Everyone seems to have it all together compared to you and you feel lost out there in the big ole' Etsy world. This is where the sisterhood comes in. It came to me in the way of  teams. In one particular team many have added my shop to their favorites, have featured one of my items in their treasuries or have sent me a message or have commented on the team blog and it all helps when you feel you need a life line to hold onto. I have even ask advice from others and they have been most gracious in offering it to me.

Today I celebrate the sisterhood of vintage. To the one's like me who have been a newbie and know how it feels to swim alone. Thank you for your kindness and camaraderie . Those in this sisterhood know the feeling of loving old things and finding them, taking pictures of those things and listing them in our shops. We thrive on it, we love it, it is a big part of us. Let us stand united flying the vintage flag with a big old heart in the middle!

Here are some items from new shops on Etsy. Give them some love sisters!

GlassGirlMe opened shop on December 27, 2010



Find this shop here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlassGirlme






JannasTreasures opened shop on January 4, 2011


Find this shop here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/JanasTreasures





Malibloom opened shop on December 2, 2010 


Find this shop here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/malibloom


Welcome to the Sisterhood everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment